You do not need to read a War & Peace sized book to learn how to disappear or create privacy. I believe that disappearing properly is more about the mindset and the way you exist in your disappearance. In addition, I believe it is vital you become your own disappear strategist and not depend heavily on how to books. In the end it is you up against your predator and only you can decide at those crucial moments the best action.
Think about where your predator lives, works, cars he or she drives. Think about their finances, travel ability, their reach and living flexibility. Think about the connections they may have in their business world. Think outside of the databases, think how extreme they are or could become.
1. Most likely you have created some digital errors and have searched you disappear plans from computers and connections, connected to your identity. These places are burned and will never be safe. Forget them!
2. Always think connections, not just digital but will someone recognize you in the internet café? Will that person reveal the meet three months after you are gone?
3. All of your discoverable actions in pre-disappearing will be used to locate you. Ask, how can such an action bring the hunt forward.
4. Create comparative searching, if you searched Cincinnati on identified computers and connections, search other cities too. No too many cites, keep it a bit real.
5. It is best to land in a city and stay a few months before you decided to settle down. As they say the grass is always greener, so get there and decide.
6. Best to use vacation rentals for a temporary apartment then a hotel. Hotels submit guest ID’s to local law enforcement each day.
I have gathered a variety of tools, strategies and thoughts and placed them here in the 199. Think of them as road signs that will help you in the future.
Frank M. Ahearn